Friday 30 September 2011

Presenting Kettle Egg

Soft-boiled perfection, no pan required

Published: Monday, September 13, 2010

A perfect, zero-maintenance soft boiled egg with beautiful runny yolk that doesn't touch a saucepan?

No need for egg timers or waiting for that pan of water to boil, I advise a method that is so fullproof* your egg and coffee can be ready at the exact same time. Intrigued?




This phenomenon is called Kettle Egg, I’d love to patent the idea but this implies I was the one who first conceived the idea and I’ve seen enough crap American frat movies to know they get up to this sort of shenaniganning all the time.

However, I invented it in my flat. Me, are you reading this Raul?

Such a simple concept, why can’t you boil an egg in the kettle? It made sense, even when I said it out loud.

I will now present the instructions to Kettle Egg and I hope readers henceforth enjoy perfect soft boiled eggs with minimal effort.

Put one or two (don’t get ambitious, two is a maximum) eggs in an empty kettle

Fill it with enough cold water to cover your egg (s)

Boil the kettle

Wait three minutes

Boil the kettle again

Drain the water, perhaps onto waiting coffee granules or a tea bag in a cup

Carefully extract the egg(s) into a waiting tub of cold water

Insert into egg cup

Slice off the top

Eat the most perfect, runny, soft boiled egg you have ever eaten in your life

Please try the experiment and let me know how you get on, I humbly elect every Geek out there to let their taste buds orgasm at this most perfect of eggs.

You’re welcome

*ok it’s not 100% fullproof, I told my mate Chris about it and he knackered his kettle. If this egg breaks your kettle, makes a very eggy mess, pollutes your coffee or otherwise damages your life or pisses off your parents/ flatmates/ spouse in any way, I am not to be held responsible. If you have doubts I advise you not to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment